CCLE Moodle: Upgrade Coming Soon!
Information regarding upgrade of CCLE Moodle.
CCLE Moodle will upgrade to the latest version of Moodle (Moodle 2) on June 17th, 2012. CCLE has scheduled an information session to address some of the new and exciting changes that are coming with this upgrade. Here are some of the changes:
· Conditional Activities – Moodle 2 lets you set conditions for student access to further activities. For instance, you can require a student to post to a forum or turn in an assignment before they are able to take a quiz.
· Course-level Blogs – You and your students will be able to create and maintain a blog for your course, entirely within Moodle.
· What to see all of Moodle 2's new features? Moodle.org has a handy page devoted to them!
· Document Description Summaries will appear on the main page with just a click of your mouse.
· Course materials from Moodle 1.9 will remain accessible.
· Quiz Module – It is now easier for you to write questions, create quizzes, track student attempts, and customize quiz features.
· Wiki – The improved Wiki engine in Moodle 2 gives you more control for group document editing.
· Accessing Reports – For now, in order to access reports about your course site (such as Activity Reports), you will have to look in the Navigation block, on the bottom left of your course site. In the future, we expect this feature to be moved to the Control Panel.
· Editing Options – The red text buttons for editing resources and activities (visible when you “Turn editing on”) to which you have become accustomed on your Moodle 1.9 course sites have been temporarily replaced with Moodle 2's default icons. This will likely be fixed in the near future.
Information Session: Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012, 12:00pm-12:50pm
UCLA Anderson School, A building (Collins Center), A301