Special News and Events
Special News and Events
Special News and Events including Faculty Spotlights, News and other Special Events
- Will the economic crisis lead to major societal changes?
- Professor Patricia Greenfield's theory describes how values, behavior are shaped by societies
- Michael J. Goldstein Memorial Lecture
- "The Causes of Schizophrenia: From the Street to the Striatum"
- Alcino Silva receives two awards!
- Professor Alcino Silva awarded the Order of Prince Henry and the Roche Award for Translational Neuroscience.
- Wonderful news: Shelley Taylor elected to the National Academy of Sciences!
- Distinguished Professor Shelley Taylor, one of three UCLA professors, elected to the prestigious National Academy of Sciences April 28 "in recognition of their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research," the academy announced. UCLA now has 33 members overall.
- Can research provide the secrets of a healthy romance?
- Professors Thomas Bradbury and Benjamin Karney share the secret rules of a great relationship.
- Second Annual UCLA Day for Alumni
- UCLA alumni are invited back to campus on Saturday, May 9 for this exciting new UCLA tradition.
- Professor Andy Christensen Award Recipient
- Congratulations to Professor Andy Christensen for receiving the Samuel M. Turner Clinical Research Award!
- Welcome to the UCLA Department of Psychology
- The Department of Psychology, one of the largest and most productive departments in the nation, is housed in Franz Hall. Its state-of-the-art facilities, numerous resources and renowned faculty provide ample opportunity for innovative research.
- Police Leadership in Equity Summit
- Assistant Professor Phillip Atiba Goff Hosts Summit on February 26 in New York.
- 2009 Psychology Department Colloquium
- Distinguished Speaker, Richard E. Nisbett, Ph.D., visiting April 9, 2009.
- Successful Remembering and Successful Forgetting
- On January 10-11, 2009 UCLA Psychology will host a Festschrift to celebrate the many contributions of Robert A. Bjork in understanding human learning and memory. This event is open to all.
- Cyber-Bullying Study
- Congratulations to Janna Juvonen and Elisheva Gross for their timely study of cyber-bullying.
- Bernard Balleine receives 2008 Pavlovian Research Award
- Congratulations to Professor Bernard Balleine for receiving this year's Pavlovian Research Award!