Please see below for updated information about the Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) that has been issued and changes to how you may input this into your timesheet for processing.
All UC employees are eligible for 2022 EPSL if the University has work for the employee and one or more of the six qualifying reasons below prevents the employee from being able to perform that work.
Employees hired on or before September 30, 2021, who did not exhaust their 2021 EPSL entitlement are also eligible to use any remaining 2021 EPSL entitlement during the 2022 EPSL period if one or more of the six qualifying reasons apply.
- Reason 1 (Quarantine or Isolation Order): The employee is unable to work or telework because the employee is subject to a quarantine period related to COVID-19 as defined by an order or guidance of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or a local public health officer with jurisdiction over the workplace.
- Reason 2 (Isolate or Self-Quarantine): The employee is unable to work or telework because the employee has been advised by a health care provider to isolate or self-quarantine due to COVID-19.
- Reason 3 (Testing, Diagnosis, and/or Vaccination): The employee is unable to work or telework because of any of the following:
- The employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and is seeking a medical diagnosis.
- The employee has been exposed to COVID-19 and is seeking or awaiting the results of a diagnostic test for, or a medical diagnosis of, COVID-19.
- The University has requested that the employee obtain a diagnostic test for, or a medical diagnosis of, COVID-19, and the employee is seeking or awaiting those results.
- The employee is attending an appointment for themselves or a family member to receive a vaccine or vaccine booster for protection against COVID-19.
- The employee is experiencing symptoms, or caring for a family member experiencing symptoms, related to a COVID-19 vaccine or vaccine booster.
- Reason 4 (Caring for a Family Member): The employee is unable to work or telework because they are caring for a family member who is either subject to a quarantine or isolation period related to COVID-19 (as defined by an order or guidance of the CDPH, the CDC, or a local public health officer with jurisdiction over the workplace) or who has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine or isolate due to COVID-19.
- Reason 5 (Closure of School/Child Care): The employee is unable to work or telework because the employee is caring for their child whose school, place of care, or child care provider is closed or otherwise unavailable for reasons related to COVID-19.
- Reason 6 (Positive Test): The employee is unable to work or telework because the employee tests positive for COVID-19 or because the employee is caring for a family member who tests positive for COVID-19.
An employee may request EPSL by speaking to their supervisor or by submitting a completed the 2022 EPSL Request Form to their supervisor.
*Please note that if you work less than full-time, these hours shall be prorated according to the percent of your appointment*
Please contact Rachelle Reamkitkarn if you have any questions regarding leave eligibility or leave request at firstname.lastname@example.org.