Guides for using CCLE and Zoom
The CCLE Getting Started guide has links and a video that cover almost every aspect of using CCLE as an instructor.
CCLE contains several tools for making your assignments and exams available online.
- Create an Assignment
- Create a Quiz
- Deterring Cheating (question order shuffling, time limits, etc.)
- Kaltura (video sharing within CCLE)
- Turnitin (plagiarism prevention system)
Psych IT can help with importing quiz/exam questions into CCLE from other formats: Word, PDF, etc. For help with importing questions, please submit a helpdesk request or call (310) 794-9327
Respondus LockDown Browser is a software tool that locks down the browser so the student cannot use the web for any other activity while taking an exam. Respondus also provides the Monitor tool that can record a student taking an exam.
Zoom is a video-conferencing and communications tool that allows students watch your lectures in real time, participate in discussion sections and review sessions, or work with other members of their project teams. Zoom sessions can also be recorded and loaded into your class website. This feature may be particularly valuable for posting lectures and review sessions. Faculty can also use Zoom for virtual office hours.
- Log in to Zoom
- Using Zoom within CCLE
- Managing Breakout Rooms
- Disabling In-Meeting Chat (may be useful for Zoom sessions with a large number of participants)
- Enabling the Waiting Room feature (may be useful for Zoom office hours)
- Sharing Powerpoint/Keynote slides as a virtual background
Resources are available that will enable instructors and their students to successfully complete this quarter.