Accessing LifeSci SAN
Accessing Phoebe or Pythia Server using Windows or a Mac
How to Access the SAN server from Windows 7/8/10
- From the Windows file explorer, right mouse click on "Computer" for Windows 7 or "This PC" on Windows 8/10.
- Select "Map network drive".
- Specify an available "Drive" letter from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the network/server location for the "Folder" field and click on "Finish".
-The network/server location will be specific to you or your lab and will be provided by Psychology IT (i.e., \\phoebe.psych.ucla.edu\).
- Enter your username and password that was provided by Psychology IT in the "network credentials" popup dialogue box and click on OK.
- If everything was entered correctly from above, the mapped drive will appear under "Network locations" when you click on "Computer/This PC".
- After the drive has been mapped, logged out of Windows to "logout" from the network drive.
- Don't right mouse click on the mapped drive and select "Disconnect". This will only unmap the network drive and you will have to go through the process all over again.
How to Access the SAN server from a Mac
- From the dropdown menu under "Go", select “Connect to Server...” (Apple + K)
- Enter the specific network/server address given to you by Psychology IT (i.e., smb://phoebe.psych.ucla.edu/).
- Click on “Connect”. A dialogue box will prompt you for your credentials. Enter your credentials obtained from Psychology IT and click on “OK”.
- If everything was entered correctly from above, the mapped drive will appear under "Shared" in the Mac's Finder.
If you need help connecting, please submit a helpdesk request.