Accessing LifeSci SAN
Accessing Selene Server using Windows or a Mac
How to Access the SAN server from XP
- Double-click on the My Computer Icon
- Select Map a Drive from the Tools Menu
- Select Different User in the dialog box; enter the user name and password you were sent by email
- Click finish and that should map a drive. To see it double-click again on the My Computer Icon; it will be listed as one of your drives.
How to Access the SAN server from a Mac
- Select “Connect to Server...” (Apple + K)
- Input the following in the “Server Address:” field cifs://selene.lifesci.ucla.edu
- Click “Connect”. A dialogue box will prompted for credentials. Input credentials and click “OK”
- Select the volume “Psych”
The volume will mount. You will be able to access the folders you have permissions for, including your personal user directory.