COVID-19 Testing, tracing, and reporting at UCLA
Recently some questions have come up regarding COVID-19 testing, tracing, and reporting at UCLA. We wanted to send you a reminder of where you can access information on this topic.
- Campus protocols and updated information on COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.bso.ucla.edu/
- Cases of COVID-19 at UCLA are listed here: https://covid-19.ucla.edu/confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-among-the-ucla-campus-community/
- Procedures/protocols for reporting cases are outlined in this SOP document: https://ucla.app.box.com/s/lmnlrg4ruzjqjbujc7j4mwevkbjakze7 . Supervisors/PIs approved to work on campus should review this document. This document outlines what you should do if a student or employee reports to you they tested positive for (confirmed) and/or is diagnosed as a presumptive case of COVID-19 where the individual has been present on UCLA property outside the hospital facility 48 hours prior to or during the symptomatic period. Any UCLA community member who develops symptoms or receives a positive test result for COVID-19 is obligated to self-isolate and to contact the UCLA Infectious Disease Hotline at 310-267-3300 (for faculty, staff and volunteers) or the Ashe Center COVID-19 Hotline at 310-206-6217 (for students).
- Students that have questions about an exposure or are experiencing symptoms can call the Ashe Center COVID-19 Hotline at 310.206.6217, 7 days a week, 8am -4:30pm (Fridays 9am-4:30pm).
- Faculty and staff that have questions about an exposure or are experiencing symptoms can contact UCLA Infectious Diseases Hotline at 310-267-3300. This hotline provides individualized support for exposures and initial testing of employees, symptom monitoring guidance, and cluster investigations. UCLA Health medical professionals will determine testing, isolation, quarantine, contact tracing, and return-to-work instruction. This hotline is open M-F from 7am-7pm. Employees may contact their primary care provider, urgent care, and ER if help is needed beyond those hours.
- If an employee will be out sick or has been instructed to quarantine, the employee is required to tell their supervisor that they will be out. They do not need to tell the supervisor that they were a confirmed case, to protect their right of privacy. However, when the employee notifies the Infectious Disease hotline as required, that team will ask whether the employee was on campus and all locations so that contact tracing can occur. Notification of potentially exposed individuals (only) will be handled by the unit responsible for contract tracing.
- As a reminder all students and employees who have approval to work on campus must complete the daily symptom monitoring (faculty and staff: https://ucla.app.box.com/s/96on1j6ynhy5c91jdpxxqyi39pl8x796 ; students: https://ucla.app.box.com/s/r2xzppju2thnv2jnryb3szvmei6l5htn )
- Additionally all employees are required to complete the COVID-19 training. If you are working on campus you must complete the training by 7/31. If you are working remotely, you must complete the training when you return to work or by 12/31/20, whichever comes first. See announcement here: https://www.bso.ucla.edu/update/jun-19-2020-1257pm-coronavirus-update-55-office-administrative-vc-office-vc-academic