The UCLA Anxiety and Depression Research Center directed by Michelle G. Craske, PhD. is seeking a clinical scientist (Postdoc) with neuroimaging experience. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a range of studies being conducted in collaboration with Susan Bookheimer, PhD. that focus on fear learning and extinction, reward processing, emotion regulation and executive functioning as risk markers of psychopathology and as mediators, moderators and outcomes of novel treatments for depression and anxiety. Samples include both community and treatment seeking adults and longitudinal datasets. The opportunities include involvement in the UCLA Depression Grand Challenge, https://grandchallenges.ucla.edu/depression/.
The postdoctoral fellow’s primary responsibilities are to oversee clinical treatment trials which include neuroimaging (resting-state and task-based fMRI) and to contribute to analyzing neuroimaging data. Additionally, Dr. Craske is committed to fostering the postdoctoral scholar’s research independence through first-authored manuscript writing and grant preparation.
The start date of the position is on or after March 1, 2019.
- Oversee treatment outcome trials, including behavioral treatments alone and augmented by neural modulation
- Contribute to analyzing neuroimaging data
- Contribute to software/scripts that implement algorithms for data quality control, preprocessing, analysis, and management
- Manuscript development
- PhD in clinical psychology (can not be in process of receiving degree, nor have 5 years or more prior Postdoc experience)
- Experience with at least one neuroimaging analysis software package (preferably FSL or AFNI)
- Experience with programming (e.g., Matlab, Python, C/C++, java) and/or shell scripting
- Experience with Linux OS and file system
- Experience with any of the following: signal and image processing, machine learning, statistical/mathematical modeling
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and spoken/written English communication skills are expected
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits. To apply, send your CV (including 3 academic references), and a cover letter stating your interests and qualifications to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately.