The psychology department is looking for lecturers to teach courses in cognitive psychology. Full-time employment for applicants qualified to teach multiple courses may be a possibility. The starting annual rate, for full-time lecturers is $66,259. For applicants who are currently employed at another institution, the salary rate will be commensurate with experience.
We have availability across multiple quarters (fall, winter, spring, and summer) and are looking to fill teaching placements for:
Beginning and Advanced MATLAB programming for the Behavioral Sciences or a programming course in the applicant’s preferred language, pending approval (Psych 20A/B)
Introduction to Cognitive Science (Psych 85)
Laboratory in Cognitive Psychology (Psych 121)
An advanced topics course of the applicant’s design (pending approval), or one of the below listed 124’s:
- Psych 124A: Language as Cognitive Science (124A)
- Psych 124B: Fundamentals of User Experience (124B)
- Psych 124C: Human Memory (124C)
- Psych 124D: Consciousness: Current Debates (124D)
- Psych 124F: Thinking (124F)
- Psych 124G: Cognition and Successful Aging (124G)
- Psych 124J: Perception, Learning, and Learning Technology (124J)
- Psych 124K: Ethical, Legal, and Societal Implications of Cognitive Neuroscience (124K)
An advanced topics cognitive science laboratory of the applicant’s design (pending approval), or one of the below listed 186’s:
- Cognitive Science Laboratory: Introduction to Theory and Simulation (Psych 186A)
- Cognitive Science Laboratory: Neural Networks (Psych 186B)
- Cognitive Science Laboratory: Psychophysical Theories and Methods (186C)
- Cognitive Science Laboratory: Laboratory in Functional Neuroimaging (186D)
Full course descriptions: https://registrar.ucla.edu/academics/course-descriptions?search=PSYCH
Candidates should have a Ph.D. or equivalent and be qualified to teach undergraduate courses.
Materials will be accepted and reviewed each academic quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) through March 1, 2023 with a rolling deadline for each quarter in order to meet scheduling and planning needs.
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF07374
Your cover letter should mention that you are interested in teaching for the Cognitive area.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction