Prediction and Causes of Sexual Aggression, Mass Media Effects; Sexually Explicit Media; Evolutionary Psychology; Integrating Multiple Disciplinary Approaches to Research.
2008 - 2016
Malamuth, N., & Hald, G. M. (in press). The Confluence Mediational Model of Sexual Aggression. In T. Ward & A. Beech (Eds.) Theories of Sexual Aggression. NY: Wiley.
Huppin, M. & Malamuth, N. (2016). Sexual Coercion. In D. Buss (Ed.). Handbook of Evolutionary Psychology. (pp. 462-481). NY: Wiley.
- Malamuth, N. M., Hald, G. M.,, & Koss, M. (2012). Pornography, individual differences in risk and men's acceptance of violence against women in a representative sample. Sex Roles, 66, 427-439.
- Hald, G.M., Malamuth, N.M., & Yuen, C. (2010) Pornography and attitudes supporting violence against women: Revisiting the relationship in nonexperimental studies, Aggressive Behavior, 36, 14-20.
- Hunter, J. A., Figueredo, A. J., & Malamuth, N. M. (2010). Developmental pathways into social and sexual deviance. Journal of Family Violence, 25, 141-148.
- Kingston, D. A., Malamuth, N., Fedoroff, P., & Marshall, W. (2009). The importance of individual differences in pornography use: Theoretical perspectives and implications for treating offenders. Journal of Sex Research, 46, 216-232.
- Hald, M., & Malamuth, N. (2008). Self-perceived effects of pornography in representative sample of the Danish population. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 37, 614-625.
- Malamuth, N. & Huppin, M. (2008). Drawing the line on virtual child pornography: Bringing the law in line with the research evidence. New York University Review of Law and Social Change. 31 773-827.
- Hald, M., & Malamuth, N. (2008). Self-perceived effects of pornography in a representative sample of the Danish population. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 37, 614-625.
2005 - 2007
- Malamuth, N. & Huppin, M. (2007). Drawing the line on virtual child pornography: Bringing the law in line with the research evidence. New York University Review of Law and Social Change, 31, 773-827. Vega, V., & Malamuth, N. (2007). The role of pornography in the context of general and specific risk factors. Aggressive Behavior, 33, 104-117.
- Malamuth, N. Pitpitan, E. V. (2007). The effects of pornography are moderated by men’s sexual aggression risk. In David .E. Guinn (Ed.) Pornography: Driving the Demand for International Sex Trafficking? (pp. 125-143). Los Angeles: Captive Daughters Media.
- Hunter, J. A., Figueredo, A. J.,.Malamuth, N.,. & Becker, J (2007). Emotional empathy as a moderator and mediator of non-sexual delinquency in juvenile sexual offenders. Journal of Family Violence, 22, 43-54.
- Malamuth, N., Huppin, M. & Bryant, P. (2005). Sexual coercion. In D. Buss (Ed.) Evolutionary psychology handbook. (pp.394-418). New York: Wiley.
- Malamuth, N., & Huppin, M. (2005). Pornography and teenagers: The importance of individual differences. Adolescent Medicine, 16, 315-326.
- Malamuth, N., Linz, D., & Yao, M. (2005). The Internet and aggression: Motivation, disinhibitory and opportunity aspects. In Y. Amichai-Hamburger (Ed.) The social net: Understanding human behavior in cyberspace. (pp. 163-190). Oxford: Oxford University Press.