Getting a faster connection to a Windows data server (Phoebe)
Date published: 8/11/2016
If you are using a Windows computer and access to files/folders on the Phoebe server seems excessively slow and/or causes your computer to freeze for a few seconds, please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Launch the Control Panel application.
- Locate and double-click on the “Internet Options” icon to invoke the “Internet Properties” window. (NOTE: if the icon cannot be found, please enter “Internet Options” in the upper-right search window to make the entry appear).
- Click on the “Connections” tab.
- Click on the “LAN settings” button.
- Locate the checkbox labeled “Automatically detect settings” then click it to remove the checkmark.
- Click “OK”.
- Click “OK” again to exit completely out of the “Internet Properties” window.
- Restart computer and test to determine if file browsing performance has improved.