UCLA Fellowship in Relationship Science
About the Program
The UCLA Marriage and Close Relationships Lab has established a paid undergraduate fellowship in relationship science, starting Winter Quarter 2021 through Spring Quarter 2021. The goal of this program is to provide opportunities to gain research experience and guidance in pursuing a graduate degree for students who are historically underrepresented in graduate study and research on close relationships.
- Assist graduate students, post-docs, and faculty in conducting research on relationships
- Attend weekly professionalization seminars led by current graduate students and faculty that will explore topics such as applying to graduate school, CV/resume workshops, how to read research articles, and current topics in relationship science
- Learn relevant and useful quantitative and research methods in relationship science
- Receive a stipend (up to $6,000*) and reimbursement for selected expenses, including graduate program application fees
- Have the opportunity to apply for summer employment in the UCLA Marriage and Close Relationships Lab
- Students must be able to attend weekly seminars and lab meetings
- Students must be able to devote 10 hours a week to research throughout the duration of the program
- Students must complete all work assigned by their research mentors in a timely manner
- Students must meet regularly with graduate student mentors
- Student must not be concurrently participating in other paid research programs
*Prior research experience is not required.
[In light of the ongoing global pandemic, fellows will participate remotely until it is safe to resume in-person meetings]
Who is eligible?
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Juniors and seniors majoring in Psychology, Psychobiology, or Cognitive Science (including the 3 pre-majors).
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Identify as a member of a group historically underrepresented in graduate study, including but not limited to: underrepresented racial/ethnic identities, people with demonstrated financial need, first generation college students, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people living with varying abilities.
To apply to the UCLA Fellowship in Relationship Science:
- We recommend you attend one of the following informational meetings. At the meeting, you will find out more about the program and have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Submit an online application form. Applications are due 12pm PST on Tuesday, October 27, 2020. Finalists will be notified by early-November if they are invited to interview for the program. Final decisions will be released by mid-December.
- Finally, please send your updated CV/resumé and most recent unofficial transcript to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about program eligibility or the application, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our lab, visit our website: marriage.psych.ucla.edu
*UCLA Fellowships in Relationship Science are awarded through the UCLA Financial Aid Office. If you are receiving financial aid, your package may be adjusted to ensure you do not exceed your financial need or cost of attendance. Check with the Financial Aid Office to see if you can accept this scholarship.