What is the status of classes and instruction?
- Instruction for spring quarter 2021 will continue to be delivered almost entirely remotely, as outlined in January. A limited number of courses necessary to train students for essential workforce positions will be offered in person or in a hybrid format.
- In addition, with Los Angeles County entering a less restrictive tier of the state’s four-tier reopening blueprint, campus leaders have announced tentative plans to transition a small number of other classes to in-person instruction for the spring quarter.
- For further details about our instructional plans for spring, summer and fall 2021, visit our UCLA return to campus page.
Resources for remote learning
- Students should visit the Resources for Remote Learning page, which explains the hardware and software they’ll need for their classes and gives advice on how to adjust to learning online, developing good remote-study habits, avoiding distractions and other topics.
- The Helping Students Stay Connected at Home page lists a variety of free and low-cost technology options to help students get and stay connected.
- This introductory guide to remote classes will help students familiarize themselves with class meetings, completing course assignments and taking exams online.
- The UCLA Store site provides information on the availability of textbooks and other course materials for students learning remotely.
- For those students who have limited access to the necessary technologies for remote learning, UCLA has several programs that can help with purchasing or borrowing laptops, wifi hotspots, and other devices. Please visit Bruin Resources and Tools for more information.
For more information and a more comprehensive list of resources UCLA has to offer about the status of classes, procedures for final exams, commencement, tuition, financial aid, scholarships, housing and counseling, among other topics, please visit: covid-19.ucla.edu/information-for-students