Amgen Scholars Program
Would you like to do full-time research at UCLA over the summer? If you’re interested in any area of biomedical science, chemistry, bioengineering or chemical engineering, and interested in pursuing a Ph.D., consider applying to the Amgen Scholars Program at UCLA! More information about the program and eligibility can be found below.
Program Dates: Sunday, June 24, 2012 to Friday, August 31, 2012
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2012
The program includes:
- $3500 stipend, housing at UCLA, and some meals provided
- three-day biotechnology conference
- GRE prep
- weekly luncheons with faculty
- workshops & seminars
- poster presentations
- scientific writing instruction
In order to apply, students must be:
- Undergraduates enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories.
- Sophomores (with 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college experience), Juniors and non-graduating Seniors (who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate experience).
- A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A student with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.2 or above.
- Interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or dual degree M.D.-Ph.D.
For more information regarding the program, please visit: www.ugeducation.ucla.edu/urc-care/AmgenScholars.htm
The deadline to apply is February 1, 2012, and the application is currently available online. For more information about the application process for the Amgen Scholars Program at UCLA, please visit: www.ugeducation.ucla.edu/urc-care/AmgenSupplApplication.htm
To learn more about Amgen Scholars programs at other U.S. campuses, please visit: www.amgenscholars.com
Please let us know if you have any questions at all about the program or applying.
Tama Hasson, Ph.D.
Director, Undergraduate Research Center – Sciences, UCLA
Director, UCLA Amgen Scholars Program