Psychology Research Opportunities Programs
PROPS is a two-quarter program that provides a variety of opportunities. PROPS scholars...
- receive a $2000 stipend
- attend weekly seminars (2 units per quarter) with topics related to graduate study, research in psychology, and career options
- get help in completing all components of a graduate school application
- work closely with a faculty mentor conducting research in psychology
- network with peers
- receive guidance in choosing the right graduate school
- present research at the end of the year at undergraduate research conferences
To be eligible for PROPS, you must...
- have sophomore, junior, or senior standing
- be a Psychology, Psychobiology, or Cognitive Science major or pre-major
- have completed introductory psychology, statistics (Psych 100A), research methods (Psych 100B), and at least one upper division Psychology class taken at UCLA or another UC campus
- have an overall GPA of 2.7 or higher at UCLA and a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the major
- be a member of an underrepresented group (i.e. be eligible for financial aid, be a first generation college student etc.)
The application deadline for the 2014 program has passed. Applications for the Winter/Spring 2015 program will be available in October 2014. Please check back at that time.
Melina Dorian, Coordinator
Funding for PROPS is provided by the College of Letters & Science (UCOP Student Diversity Funds), the Department of Psychology, the Undergraduate Research Center, and the Dr. Monica Salinas Fund.