I am interested in the etiology and treatment of substance use disorders, particularly alcohol use disorder. My program of research focuses on the integration of clinical psychology, pharmacology, and neuroscience. I am especially interested in employing experimental designs to answer questions about mechanisms of risk and of treatment response for substance use disorders.
I will be accepting students into the Clinical Psychology PhD Program for the Fall of 2018. I can also serve as a secondary mentor for students in behavioral neuroscience.
- Ray, L.A., Bujarski, S.E., Shoptaw, S., Roche, D.J.O., Heinzerling, K., & Miotto, K. (2017). Development of the neuroimmune modulator ibudilast for the treatment of alcoholism: A randomized, placebo-controlled, human laboratory trial. Neuropsychopharmacology, 42(9), 1776-1788.
- Ray, L.A., Bujarski, S., & Roche, D.J.O. (2016). Subjective response to alcohol as a research domain criterion. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 40(1), 6-17.
- Courtney, K.E., Ghahremani, D.G., & Ray, L.A. (2016). The effects of pharmacological opioid blockade on neural measures of drug cue-reactivity in humans. Neuropsychopharmacology, 41(12), 2872-2881.
- Ray, L.A., Bujarski, S.E., Courtney, K.E., Moallem, N.R., Lunny, K., Roche, D.J.O., Leventhal, A., Shoptaw, S., Heinzerling, K., London, E.D., & Miotto, K. (2015). The effects of naltrexone on subjective response to methamphetamine in a clinical sample: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, laboratory study. Neuropsychopharmacology, 40(10), 2347-56.
- Ray, L.A., Roche, D., Heinzerling, K., & Shoptaw, S. (2014). Opportunities for the development of neuroimmune therapies in addiction. International Review of Neurobiology, 118, 381-401.
- Bujarski, S., O’Malley, S., Lunny, K.N., & Ray, L.A. (2013). The effects of drinking goal on treatment outcome for alcoholism. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, (81)1, 13-22.
Distinguished Scientific Award for Early Career Contribution to Psychology, American Psychological Association (2017)
Eva King Killam Award for Outstanding Translational Research, American College on Neuropsychopharmacology (2017)
Fellow, American Psychological Association Division 50, Society of Addiction Psychology (2015)
Young Investigator Award, Research Society on Alcoholism (2014)
Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions, APA Division 50, Society of Addiction Psychology (2013)
David Shakow Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions to Clinical Psychology, APA Division 12, Society of Clinical Psychology (2013)