Date published: 01/31/22
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT ENROLLMENT:
- Please remember that enrollment for Psychology Department courses is restricted based on your major and class standing!
- If you have submitted a pink petition to declare major standing, please check the petitions tab on MyUCLA to see when your petition has been processed, as you will not receive an email notification. Per our policy, please allow 1-3 business after your official grade has posted for your petition to be processed.
- If you are pre-major standing, you may need to wait until second pass to enroll in some of your courses.
- We do NOT give out PTE numbers.
- Check the Schedule of Classes Course Info page to see if/when you will be eligible to enroll in each Psych course.
- The Notes are unique for each class, please check each course for more information. See an example HERE.
Here is some other information that you should keep in mind as a student in the College of Letters & Science:
- Check your Degree Audit or MyUCLA (Academics -> Academic Profile -> Holds) to see if you have any holds on your record that will prevent enrollment, and take steps to remove the hold now.
- You may enroll in up to 10 units during priority/first enrollment, and 9 units in your second pass, for a total of 19 units.
- Use your first pass to enroll in courses that are in high demand, required, or are likely to fill quickly, such as core courses, labs, foreign language, and popular GEs.
- Use Class Planner to see create potential schedules and enroll.
- Meet with an academic advisor in your School/College/Department to ensure you know what you need to take or if you have any questions about your program plan. If you’re not sure who your advising unit is, check the upper right corner of your Degree Audit for this information.
- Note that advising is extremely busy during enrollment, and appointments may be scarce, wait times may be long, and email and messages may take longer to receive a response. Please be patient and know that your advisors are working extremely hard during this time.
- Be sure to check the pre-requisites and course restrictions. Some pre-requisites are required and enforced. Some courses are restricted to students in particular majors or with a particular class standing (e.g., juniors and seniors only).
- If you are currently in a pre-major, you would not be eligible to enroll in Psychology courses that require major standing during a specific pass time. If you do not meet the requirements to declare major standing, you cannot bypass the enrollment restriction. If you believe you should have major standing declared, consult with our department.
- If you find yourself unable to enroll in a course, please check the class notes on the Schedule of Classes. Click here for an example of enrollment restrictions and class notes.