Conference Travel Grants Program
Please click here to see a list of conferences that may be of interest.
We are pleased to offer eligible graduate students funding to help defray the expense of presenting research at conferences during the 2020-2021 period July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
Please note that students can only receive Psychology Department Conference Travel funding after they have used all of the $1,000 allocation from the Doctoral Student Travel Grants for Conferences, Professional Development and Off-Campus Research Program from the Graduate Division. Click here for more information. To check your remaining travel grant funds, call Graduate Division Financial Services at (310) 825-1025.
- Student must be the first author of the research to be presented. In the case of the Society for Multivariate Experimental Psychology exceptions will be considered, since only faculty members are permitted to present at these meetings. Only attending a conference does not make a student eligible for reimbursement.
- Eligible expenses are limited to conference registration only. Virtual conferences are eligible. Copies of receipts and proof of payment must be submitted per instructions on form Part B (see links below). Lodging, food costs, membership fees, pre-registration fees, submission fees, taxis, shuttles, and poster printing will NOT be reimbursed.
- Students must be registered and enrolled both the quarter that they complete the travel and the quarter that they will be reimbursed. If a student seeks reimbursement for conference travel during the summer months, they must be registered and enrolled in the previous Spring and the following Fall quarter. In Absentia students are eligible for reimbursement.
- Department funds may only be requested after the $1,000 allocation from Graduate Division is used.
- Each student may be reimbursed a maximum of $400 in 2020-21. Multiple reimbursement requests may be submitted.
HOW TO REQUEST REIMBURSEMENT:
- Complete the Conference Travel Grant Application Part A (see link below) to indicate conferences you plan to attend during the period July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. Note that if your plans change, you may still use the department grant funds for a different conference. If so, you will need to submit a new Part A form. Submit Part A to Emilia Ninova at email@example.com by October 31, 2020.
- Complete the Conference Travel Grant Application Part B (see link below) and submit to Emilia Ninova at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of conference or within one business day if conference occurs in mid to late June. Note that if you attend a conference between July 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020, you must submit a full reimbursement request at your earliest convenience (Part A, Part B and all receipts and proofs of payment).
Please note the PDF forms are fillable and can be signed electronically.