Conference Travel Grants Program
Please click here to see a list of conferences that may be of interest.
We are pleased to offer eligible graduate students funding to help defray the expense of presenting research at conferences during the 2019-2020 period July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Please note that students can only receive Psychology Department Conference Travel funding after they have used all of the $1,000 allocation from the Doctoral Student Travel Grants for Conferences, Professional Development and Off-Campus Research Program from the Graduate Division. Click here for more information. To check your remaining travel grant funds, call Graduate Division Financial Services at (310) 825-1025.
- Student must be the first author of the research to be presented. In the case of the Society for Multivariate Experimental Psychology exceptions will be considered, since only faculty members are permitted to present at these meetings. Only attending a conference does not make a student eligible for reimbursement.
- Eligible expenses are limited to airfare, bus, train, car mileage, and conference registration only. Copies of receipts and proof of payment must be submitted per instructions on form Part B (see links below). Lodging, food costs, membership fees, pre-registration fees, submission fees, taxis, shuttles, and poster printing will NOT be reimbursed.
- Students must be registered and enrolled both the quarter that they complete the travel and the quarter that they will be reimbursed. If a student seeks reimbursement for conference travel during the summer months, they must be registered and enrolled in the previous Spring and the following Fall quarter. In Absentia students are eligible for reimbursement.
- Department funds may only be requested after the $1,000 allocation from Graduate Division is used.
- Each student may be reimbursed a maximum of $250 every fiscal year. Multiple reimbursement requests may be submitted as long as each is at least $100 and all add up to no more than $250.
HOW TO REQUEST REIMBURSEMENT:
- Complete the Conference Travel Grant Application Part A (see link below) to indicate your planned conference travel during the period July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. Note that if your plans change, you may still use the travel grant funds for a different conference. If so, you will need to submit a new Part A form. Submit to Emilia Ninova at email@example.com by October 31, 2019.
- Complete the Conference Travel Grant Application Part B (see link below) and submit to Emilia Ninova at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of travel or within one business day if travel occurs in mid to late June. Note that if you attend a conference between July 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019, you must submit a full reimbursement request within 30 days of travel (Part A, Part B and all receipts and proofs of payment).
Please note the PDF forms are fillable and can be signed electronically.