Psychology Advising Services
Psychology Department Advisors are available to support current UCLA undergraduates through in-person drop-in advising hours. Our office is located in 1530 Pritzker Hall, and is open from 9:00-11:30am and 1:00-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday for general inquiries. Note our drop-in hours below. Hours may vary due to staff trainings, events, and holidays. Please check this webpage for updates to our drop-in hours. Psychology Advising staff work remotely on Fridays.
Note that on Wednesday, December 13th, the Psychology Advising Office will be closed 9:00 – 10:00 am and drop in advising will be available 10:00 – 11:00 am & 1:00 – 3:00 pm on this day.
Drop-in Advising is offered in 1530 Pritzker Hall, on the following days/times:
- Mondays: 1:00-3:00pm
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 9:00-11:00am & 1:00-3:00pm
*Please be sure to bring a picture ID to meet with an advisor.
Drop-In Advising Instructions
Students should attend drop-in hours for assistance with any of the following topics:
- Major and pre-major questions (Psychology, Psychobiology, Cognitive Science)
- Applied Developmental Psychology minor course requirements
- Short-term course planning for major courses
- Enrollment questions/concerns about Psychology courses
- Questions about Psychology department fieldwork/research opportunities
When you arrive for drop-in advising, intake staff will record your questions and place you on the waitlist to see an advisor. Wait times vary, and arriving early during drop-in advising shifts increases your chances of a shorter wait. Please be aware that during busy times, like enrollment, drop-in appointments fill up quickly, and you may need to return the next day due to high demand.
Message Center Instructions
Please contact an advisor via Message Center on myUCLA 🔗 for assistance with:
- Declaring pre-majors/majors within the Psychology department
- Course substitution petitions
- Double major petitions
- Degree plan contracts
- Course contract submissions
- Any other forms that require an advisor’s signature
*Responses to inquiries sent via Message Center may take up to 5 business days.
College Counseling Unit Services
Please contact your College Counseling Unit 🔗 for questions regarding non-major requirements, long-term (i.e. 3-4 year) degree plans, and overall graduation checks.