How to Contact a Psych Undergraduate Advisor
Psychology Undergraduate Advisors are available to support current UCLA undergraduates both virtually and in-person. To request advising, submit your request via Message Center on myUCLA*. Please include your specific question(s) in your message.
Due to a high volume of inquiries, responses may take up to 7 business days (not including weekends and holidays). Please be patient and do not start multiple cases for the same issue in hopes of expediting a response.
Our office is located in 1530 Pritzker Hall. We are generally open from 9:30-11:30am and 1:30-3:30pm, Monday-Friday. Note that hours may vary due to staff trainings, events, and holidays.
*If you are not a UCLA student and/or do not have a UCLA logon ID, please submit your inquiry here.
Academic Advising Services
Please contact the Psychology Undergraduate Advising Office via Message Center if you’re looking for guidance with the following:
- Major and pre-major questions and course planning (Psychology, Psychobiology, Cognitive Science)
- Applied Developmental Psychology minor questions and course planning
- Requests to declare a pre-major, major, minor, or specialization in the Psych dept
- Petitions to substitute approved course equivalents for your major/minor in the Psych dept
- Petitions to have new/alternate courses reviewed for substitutions
- Enrollment questions/concerns about Psychology courses
Please meet with your College Academic counseling unit for questions regarding non-major requirements, long-term (i.e. 3-4 year) degree plans, and overall graduation checks. Students are advised to meet with an advisor at least once a year to review their degree progress. Students should also check their Degree Audit Report (DAR) regularly to determine which requirements they still need to satisfy.