FOR CURRENT UNDERGRADUATE UCLA STUDENTS ONLY: To get important messages regarding enrollment, departmental programs, and resources, sign up to receive emails via our Google Group.
Psychology Advising Services
Psychology Department Advisors are available to support current UCLA undergraduates through in-person drop-in advising hours. Our office is located in 1530 Pritzker Hall, and is open from 9:00-11:30am and 1:00-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday for general inquiries. Note our drop-in hours below. Hours may vary due to staff trainings, events, and holidays. Please check this webpage for updates to our drop-in hours. Psychology Advising staff work remotely on Fridays.
Drop-in Advising is offered in 1530 Pritzker Hall, on the following days/times:
- Mondays: 1:00-3:00pm
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 9:00-11:00am & 1:00-3:00pm
*Please be sure to bring a picture ID to meet with an advisor.
Drop-In Advising Instructions
Students should attend drop-in hours for assistance with any of the following topics:
- Major and pre-major questions (Psychology, Psychobiology, Cognitive Science)
- Applied Developmental Psychology minor course requirements
- Short-term course planning for major courses
- Enrollment questions/concerns about Psychology courses
- Questions about Psychology department fieldwork/research opportunities
When you arrive for drop-in advising, intake staff will record your questions and place you on the waitlist to see an advisor. Wait times vary, and arriving early during drop-in advising shifts increases your chances of a shorter wait. Please be aware that during busy times, like enrollment, drop-in appointments fill up quickly, and you may need to return the next day due to high demand.
Message Center Instructions
Do not send a message asking for PTE numbers. The Psychology Department does not utilize PTE numbers under any circumstances.
Please contact an advisor via Message Center on myUCLA 🔗 for assistance with:
- Declaring pre-majors/majors within the Psychology department
- Course substitution petitions
- Double major petitions
- Degree plan contracts
- Course contract submissions
- Any other forms that require an advisor’s signature
*Responses to inquiries sent via Message Center may take up to 5 business days.
College Counseling Unit Services
Please contact your College Counseling Unit 🔗 for questions regarding non-major requirements, long-term (i.e. 3-4 year) degree plans, and overall graduation checks.