PROPS is a two-quarter (Winter/Spring) program that provides a variety of opportunities. During the program, PROPS students will:
- Work as a research assistant for 10 hours per week in a UCLA Psychology research lab.
- Present their research at an undergraduate conference as well to the PROPS cohort at the end of Spring quarter. Both a research poster and verbal presentation are required.
- Submit a research paper at the end of the program.
- Enroll in a 2-unit weekly seminar (Weds, 9:00-10:30am). Seminar topics include information on how to prepare a CV/resume, write a Personal Statement, present at research conferences, and prepare for life as a graduate student and beyond.
- Receive a $2,500 stipend*
To be eligible for PROPS, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of an underrepresented group within graduate school: i.e. low income and eligible for financial aid, first generation college student, and/or underrepresented minority (URM).
- Junior standing or above (and enrolled undergraduate student during Winter and Spring 2022 quarters)
- Psychology, Psychobiology, or Cognitive Science major
- Have completed Psych 100B by the end of Fall 2021 quarter
- 3.0 UCLA GPA or higher (3.2 or higher GPA in Psychology courses preferred)
- Not concurrently participating in another research program in the same academic year
* PROPS Scholarships are awarded through the UCLA Financial Aid Office. If you are receiving financial aid, your package may be adjusted to ensure you do not exceed your financial need or cost of attendance. Check with the Financial Aid Office to see if you can accept this scholarship.
Funding for PROPS is provided by the College of Letters & Science , the Department of Psychology and the Dr. Monica Salinas Fund.