Transfer & AP/IB/A-level Course Credit

Advanced Placement (AP)/International Baccalaureate (IB)/A-level Credit for Preparation Courses

Students who have AP/IB/A-level Credit may be able to waive certain preparation courses for their major. AP/IB/A-level credit appearing on the DAR as an equivalent course (e.g., Psych 10, Math 31A) will automatically be used to satisfy that prep requirement.

Most AP/IB/A-level credit listed below will not automatically satisfy a requirement on your degree audit. An advisor is able to make this adjustment on your DAR. Please message the Psych Advising Office via Message Center to request to use your AP/IB/A-level credit to satisfy a major preparation requirement.

AP Credit Chart

IB Credit

A-level Credit

Transfer Credit from Other Institutions

  • UCLA students who wish to take courses at another institution over summer may check course equivalents between UCLA and many community colleges via or Transferology.
  • Transcripts should be sent to UCLA Undergraduate Admission.
  • Community college coursework is classified as lower division credit and cannot be used to satisfy Psych 100A/B or any other upper division major requirement. Only upper division courses taken at other 4 year institutions can be petitioned toward upper division requirements for our majors.
  • For Psychology Majors only: Courses taken at a 4 year institution or through UCEAP that post to your DAR as upper division Psychology credit can be used to fulfill a major elective requirement. Please contact the Undergraduate Advising Office via Message Center on myUCLA to inquire about how to make this substitution on your DAR.
  • For Psychology, Psychobiology, and Cognitive Science Majors: To petition a course from another institution or the UC Education Abroad Program to satisfy a specific major requirement, contact the Undergraduate Advising Office via Message Center on myUCLA to inquire about the petition process.