We are now accepting applications for the Spring-Summer 2024 “B” Cohort! The strict application deadline for all materials is Monday, October 23, 2023 at 4 pm.
Note: The application deadline for the Fall-Winter-Spring 2023-24 “A” cohort has passed. We will invite applications for the 2024-25 A cohort in January 2024.
Overview of the Admissions Process
- You are welcome to submit your materials anytime until the deadline.
- Your application is not considered complete until your recommendation has been submitted. We will contact you within 14 days after the application deadline to confirm receipt of your completed application.
- You may also be asked to sign up for a 1-hour group interview, anytime from the time you submit your completed application (including the recommendation), up to the admissions announcement date. It is vital that you respond as soon as possible if invited to interview.
- Usually, we are able to inform applicants of admissions decisions within 8 weeks of the application deadline. We appreciate your patience.
The 4 Components of the ADP Minor Application
There are 4 parts of the application.
- ONE recommendation.
- WHO: Any supervisor or instructor who knows you well and can speak to your strengths, skills and potential. Your recommender can be from outside UCLA (but should not be a peer or a member of your family). We strongly encourage you to choose someone who has directly observed you in an academic, extracurricular and/or employment capacity in the last two years.
- WHEN: Please plan ahead (and ask early whenever possible) to allow plenty of time for your recommender to complete the form and e-mail it by the application deadline.
- WHAT: Provide your recommender with this form—no separate recommendation letter is required.
- HOW & WHERE: Your recommender must e-mail the completed form from their official (work) e-mail address directly to the admissions committee at ADPminorfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- We cannot accept a recommendation provided by you, the applicant—it must come directly from the recommender.
- If your recommender encounters difficulty with the file or would like to request another format, they may contact us directly at ADPminoremail@example.com.
- Part 1 of the application: The web-based form. Type responses into the web-based application form below (scroll down this page). At the bottom of the form, you will be asked to upload parts 3 and 4, the following two files:
- A complete copy of your UCLA Degree Progress Report or Degree Audit Report.
- There is no need for an official Registrar-issued transcript.
- Pre-UCLA transcripts (e.g., community college) are not required.
- Save the DPR/DAR in PDF or Word format and upload it to the Box link at the bottom of the web-based form below.
- Part 2 of the application: Short answers and essay.
- Download this document and follow instructions carefully.
- Save your completed Part 2 document in PDF or Word format and upload it to the Box link at the bottom of the web-based form below.
Including a Referral by an ADP Student or Graduate
You are also welcome to provide (in “Part 1” web form, below) the name of a current or past ADP student who knows you well and whom you would like us to contact for a brief reference on your behalf.
- The ADP reference must have already completed at least one full quarter of the ADP sequence (Internship + Psychology 134A).
- You can name maximum one current or past ADP student to provide a referral for you, even if there are multiple ADP students/grads whom you might want us to contact.
- Of course, a referral by a current or past ADP student is in no way a guarantee of admission, nor is it required for either the applicant or the ADP student to participate in this process.