Hello Psychology Dept Students,
The Undergraduate Advisors in the Psychology Department are committed to supporting our students.
Please contact us if you’re looking for guidance with the following:
- Major and pre-major questions and course planning (Psychology, Psychobiology, Cognitive Science)
- Minor questions and course planning (Cognitive Science and ADP)
- Petitions to declare a pre-major, major, minor, or specialization in our department
- Petitions to substitute approved course equivalents for your major/minor in the Psychology dept
- Petitions to have new/alternate courses reviewed for substitutions
- Graduation checks
- Enrollment questions/concerns about Psychology courses
Psychology Undergraduate Advisors are available to assist both virtually and in-person. To request advising, simply submit your request via Message Center on myUCLA*. Please include any specific questions you might have, and we will get back to you within 3-5 business days. Note that advising is extremely busy during enrollment! Please be patient and know that your advisors are working extremely hard to support you and your peers during this time. Thank you for your understanding!
Note that our office is located in 1530 Pritzker Hall. Our reception desk is available for general questions and inquiries Monday-Friday from 9am-11:45am and 1:15pm-4:00pm. Please note that times may vary due to staff trainings, events, and holidays.
*If you DO NOT have a UCLA logon ID, please submit your inquiry here.
Join the Undergraduate Psychology Email List! Get informative messages regarding our academic programs! Simply visit our Google Group and sign up!
College Academic Counseling Units
If your inquiry pertains to issues beyond the Psychology Department, such as the following, be sure to consult a College Counselor:
- Course add/drop petitions
- Graduation checks
- Degree Plan Contracts (ECP exemptions, Unit max petitions, Time to Degree)
- Major and minor exploration across the College
- Academic probation status
- Graduate school planning with College Academic Mentors
- GE and IGETC requirements
- Diversity, Foreign Language, Quantitative Reasoning, English requirements
To reach a College Counseling Unit (College Academic Counseling, AAP Counseling, Honors Counseling), please visit https://caac.ucla.edu/.