Applying to the ADP Minor
Application for Admission to the Psychology ADP Minor
Guidelines and Checklist
The application is divided into 4 parts, and everything but the recommendation is to be submitted ONLINE.
The application deadline for Spring-Summer A-Summer C 2020 (cohort B) will be 4 pm Monday, October 21, 2019.
The application deadline for Fall-Winter-Spring 2019-20 (cohort A) will be in Winter 2020.
Considering applying? Read our detailed FAQ for applicants first!
- Complete the online ADP Minor Application Form. To complete this form, you will respond to an online form and you will need to upload:
- A complete copy of your Degree Progress Report or Degree Audit Report. There is no need for an official Registrar-issued transcript. Pre-UCLA transcripts (e.g., community college) are not required.
- The short answers and essay questions portion of the Application. Please use this Word document to complete these questions.
- 1 academic- or employment-related recommendation from any supervisor or instructor who knows you well and can speak to your strengths, skills and potential (use form provided and provide recommender with a blank envelope), sealed in an envelope with the recommender’s signature across the seal. This person can be from outside UCLA (but should not be a member of your family). References from someone who last worked with you over 1-2 years ago are acceptable, however we encourage you to select a more current reference if possible.
- Please plan ahead to allow plenty of time for your recommender to complete the form and return it to you in time for you to submit it on time.
- Submit your recommendation in hard copy, sealed in an envelope with the recommender’s signature across the seal, to the Psychology Undergraduate Advising Office, 2812 Life Sciences Building, by 4:00 pm on the application deadline.
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your recommendation to the office!
Please ensure your application is complete. We cannot review incomplete applications.
We will be in touch within approximately 1 week of the deadline to confirm receipt of your application. (We may also contact you at other times throughout the admissions process, so please check the e-mail you provided on a daily basis!)
Applicants will be informed of admissions decisions within 5 weeks. We appreciate your patience.