UCLA provides several options to purchase goods from vendors and has vendor agreements in place. When ordering, UCLA preferred vendors must first be considered given they provide discounted pricing on items and offer perks such as waived shipping fees. For an extensive list of vendors who have service agreements with the University, see the Vendor Agreements List.
Many Ways to Buy
There are several ways departments can purchase goods. This includes use of various approved purchasing methods such as:
- Agreements & Blankets (BruinBuy Electronic Catalog/Supplier Site/Vendor Agreement List)
- Low-Value Orders (LVO’s)
- Purchase Orders
- Procurement Cards (P-Cards)
All purchases must be in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by the University.
Tip: When orders above $10,000 for Federally-funded purchases, and $100,000 for non-Federally-funded purchases, the Source Selection & Price Reasonableness Justification Form must be filled out and included as an attachment with your order along with a quote from the vendor . Please know LVO’s cannot exceed $5,000 per vendor, per day, per account code, excluding transportation costs and sales and/or use tax.
Important! – Purchase of Postage for Business Use: Postage at the University is highly regulated and governed by UC policy. UCLA Mail, Document and Distribution Services (MDDS) is the central mail unit for the campus. In order to remain in compliance with UC policy, postage must be purchased through MDDS to be used for University business. Personal purchase of postage is not allowed. Please contact Areli Lucatero, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to make stamp purchases for business use.
Campus Purchasing is pleased to announce that UCLA will be moving to Amazon Business on Tuesday, July 24th, for P-Card transactions. This change to Amazon Business will allow departments to shop using UCLA’s muli-user business account. The benefits related to this conversion from Amazon to Amazon Business are:
- Unlimited Free 2-Day Shipping on ALL qualified orders
- Business pricing and quantity discounts on millions of items
- Business Customer Service Team
- Departments may purchase a tangible item for employee service or safety awards to be in compliance with IRS requirements
- Department members can be invited to the account as “window shoppers” to create shopping carts for review, approval and purchase
- Requests for reimbursements associated with personal credit cards for Amazon purchases should be avoided
- Shoppers will be warned on the description page if the item they are buying violates policy
- Improved data collection and reporting capabilities
*Further information to come
Campus Purchasing has changed the Login Name and Password to the non-BruinBuy users Office Depot browse site. New login name-UCBROWSE1a (case sensitive) & password-BROWSE4u (case sensitive) https://business.officedepot.com/
Note: The browse-only login credentials will suspend after 3 failed attempts.