Information related to the Computer Labs including: hours, usage guidelines, reservations, and cancellation procedures
Please check the Computer Labs page for hours and availability. Please note: labs may be closed during holidays and for scheduled maintenance work.
Purpose and Supported Activities
This facility supports the teaching, training, and individual use by Psychology Department faculty, staff, and Psychology undergraduate and graduate students.
The primary uses of the computer lab are:
- Open (drop-in) labs for undergraduate and graduate use
- Formal instructional classes
- Department approved staff or faculty training sessions
- Department approved meetings
- Other group uses as approved by the Department of Psychology
General Operating Rules
- No food is allowed in the labs at any time.
- All papers and trash must be picked up and recycled or discarded.
- Chairs must be pushed in after use.
- Equipment, including chairs, must not be removed from the lab.
- Psych IT is not responsible for any lost data or files that may have been saved on the lab workstations or server by lab users. Please make sure to save your work on your own removable devices or cloud storage before you log off.
- Please notify the Lab Proctor in Psychology Building 3290 if you have any issue.
- Reservations are required for instructional use of any of the computer labs.
- Priority reservations will be given to Psychology instructors and for undergraduate courses.
- Reservations must be made by instructors or TAs.
- We do not allow reservation of the labs for research activities.
If you would like to make a reservation, please fill out the Lab Reservation Request form.
- Please call 310-794-4769 (x44769) to advise us of any cancellations or changes.
- If your class does not arrive within 15 minutes of the scheduled time, we may open the room up for drop-in use, unless you notify us in advance.
Hardware and Software
For new software installation, please submit a helpdesk request at least four weeks prior to use in the lab. All new software requests will be evaluated and installed if appropriate for use in our computer labs. In some cases, new software will need to be installed during a break between quarters.
All labs are wheelchair accessible; if needed, please visit a Lab Proctor in Psychology Building 3290 for assistance.