E-mail Account Guidelines for the Department of Psychology
- Please allow 2 to 3 working days to process your e-mail account. Please come back in person within 3 to 4 working days to obtain form with your new psych e-mail account.
- All new e-mail accounts are hosted through IT Services Enterprise Message (EM). E-mail accounts created for faculty and departmental staff members will be permanent until employment termination.
- All deletion/termination of existing e-mail accounts should be directed to our IT helpdesk. Your existing psych e-mail can be forwarded to a new e-mail address for duration of 3 months prior to deletion.
- Space limitation (400 MB) will be applied to all e-mail accounts, routine cleanup of your mailbox is recommended. Additionally, unlimited storage is available through using the Vault feature of EM.
- Do not open any unknown or suspicious e-mails. Computer viruses often propagate through attachments that accompany these e-mails. If you feel uncertain or suspicious of these e-mails then please submit a helpdesk ticket. Keep your e-mail password secret. If you think that your e-mail password has been compromised then reset it through webmail.
- All existing laws (federal and state) and University regulations and policies apply, including not only those laws and regulations that are specific to computers and networks, but also those that may apply generally to personal conduct. Please view the University of California Electronic Communications Policy.
For more information and questions, please contact the helpdesk at x49327.