You can visit ERS Release Announcements- Open Effort Reports to review current and past due effort reports. You can access your effort reports at: https://ers.it.ucla.edu/ and begin the certification process. Please note you will need to log in with either the UCLA network on campus or VPN if you are working remotely to access the ERS website.
Special Instructions for Certifying Effort Reports with Key UCPath Issues
Effort reports impacted by key UCPath defects will continue to be flagged as “Under preliminary Review”. An updated list of reports impacted by one or more of these defects can be found in the ERS Master Exception List. Please visit EFM’s special instructions page, to view an example of “Under Preliminary Review” flag, along with updates explaining known UCPath issues and the necessary actions to take moving forward.
If you discover an inaccuracy in an effort report or potential defect that is not captured as part of the know UCPath issues, please contact ERS Help Desk (email@example.com) with the employee name, employee ID, report period, and description of the issue for the impacted effort report and EFM will assist with looking into the protentional finding further.
Outstanding Effort Reports
Effort reporting is the method of certifying to the granting agencies that the effort required as a condition of the award has been completed. Uncertified Effort Reports expose UCLA to be out of compliance and at risk for audit finding or disallowances. If your department has any outstanding unflagged effort reports from previous quarters, please complete certifications in ERS as soon as possible.
General Reminders and Reference
- Please visit ERS System access for information accessing ERS on campus and off campus.
- Please see ERS FAQs for helpful information related to effort reports.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) are required to include committed cost sharing when certifying effort reports.
- PIs must self-certify their own effort reports.
- Non-PI effort reports can be certified by either the PI, the employee, or an authorized certifier with first-hand knowledge of the employee’s effort.
- Unless an effort report status is “Certified” the report is considered “Open” and requires review and certification.
- Effort reports with a “Not Required” status should be reviewed and verified to determine if effort or cost sharing should be reported.
- If the report is listed under “Certified/AdjustReqd,” the report has been certified but is awaiting a payroll adjustment. Please work with your fund manager to review the Payroll percentage, as it does not match the Paid Effort percentage.