Services purchased for University purposes requires payment for services to be paid directly by the University. Per policy, reimbursement for out of pocket expenses for vendor services is unallowable. Additionally, all services purchased with University funds must be approved prior to the commencement of service.
Note: Requestors are encouraged to submit purchase requests for services at least 10-12 weeks in advance of the service start date to the Psychology Business Office. This will allow sufficient review time of the request by both the Psychology Business Office and UCLA Purchasing.
Who can be paid as a consultant? Non-University person or organization for a specific service provided.
Purchasing requires the following documents:
- Contract Prehire Worksheet - to be completed by the department
- Independent Contract/Consultant Form
- Source Selection & Price Reasonableness Justification Form – if the work exceeds $10,000 for Federal funds & $100,000 for non Federal funds.
- Insurance waiver (if required for the vendor)
- Scope of Work
- CV/Resume – only if an individual (not a company or organization)
Consultants typically invoice after work has been completed, which can be monthly, quarterly, or annually depending on the terms between the consultant and faculty. The invoice must contain the following information:
- It must state "Invoice"
- Date of invoice, as well as dates of service for payment requested
- Name and address of consultant
- PO number
If an invoice is submitted by an individual or company who was not initially set-up as an official consultant, an After-the-Fact Justification form must be filled out and turned in to Purchasing along with the above forms. The Chancellor must sign the form before it is forwarded to Purchasing. In addition, a separate internal form will need to be filled out in Psychology.
- For International consultants who complete work in the US: In addition to the steps above, the consultant must also complete the Glacier process online
- For International consultants who complete work outside the US, no additional steps are necessary.
Tip: When orders are above $5,000 a Sole Source Request form must be filled out and include it as an attachment with your order.