The Department of Psychology's Technical Services provide a wide range of technical support for research and classroom instruction to the University.
The staff can design and fabricate custom mechanical equipment while modifying, maintaining and repairing existing instrumentation. In addition, Technical Services also provides graphic services, print large format, high quality posters for conferences as well as assist with layout and graphic designs. The staff is also available for general consulting in areas that support your research and instructional activities.
The office is staffed, Monday-Thursday, from 9:00am-11:30pm and from 12:30pm-4:30pm. Closed Friday.
- Please note that Technical Services will be closed from March 20 to March 27, 2020.
Technical Services Provides the following services:
- Machining Custom Parts
- Fabrication & Design of scientific equipment
- Assembly and maintenance & repair of scientific equipment.
- Graphic & Multimedia
- Large Formal Printing (please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Computer Repair & Data Recovery
Labor Rate: $19.33 for computer/equipment repair
- Consultation sessions for researchers seeking advice and recommendation on commercially available products, parts, vendors, literature, assembly houses
For those that are more hands on, Technical Services has a faculty/student shop available for use during business hours. It has woodworking tools, including a table saw, a band saw, and a drill press. Please contact us for more details.
- Technical Service Brochure
- Technical Services Request
Staff and Contact Information
Technical Services is staffed by full-time and part-time staff.
- Kevin Nguyen
Associate Development Engineer
Map, Location and Directions
Technical Services is located in A544 Franz Hall.
For a map, please see the UCLA Campus Map
*** Technical Services is a self supporting recharge unit servicing the entire UCLA Community ***