Psychology Research Opportunities Programs
PROPS is a two-quarter program that provides a variety of opportunities. PROPS scholars:
- receive a stipend for Winter and Spring quarters (up to $2,500)
- attend weekly seminars (2 units per quarter) with topics related to graduate study, research in psychology, and career options
- get help in completing all components of a graduate school application
- work closely with a faculty mentor conducting research in psychology
- network with peers
- receive guidance in choosing the right graduate school
- present research at the end of the year at undergraduate research conferences
To be eligible for PROPS, you must:
- have junior or senior standing
- be a Psychology, Psychobiology, or Cognitive Science major or pre-major
- have completed introductory psychology, statistics (Psych 100A), research methods (Psych 100B), and at least one upper division Psychology class at UCLA or another UC campus
- 3.0 UCLA GPA or higher (3.2 or higher GPA in Psychology courses preferred)
- be a member of an underrepresented group (i.e. be eligible for financial aid, be a first generation college student, member of an underrepresented minority in graduate education).
Funding for PROPS is provided by the College of Letters & Science , the Department of Psychology and the Dr. Monica Salinas Fund.