Psychology Research Opportunities Programs
PROPS is a two-quarter program that provides a variety of opportunities. PROPS scholars:
- receive a stipend for Winter and Spring quarters (up to $2,000)
- attend weekly seminars (2 units per quarter) with topics related to graduate study, research in psychology, and career options
- get help in completing all components of a graduate school application
- work closely with a faculty mentor conducting research in psychology
- network with peers
- receive guidance in choosing the right graduate school
- present research at the end of the year at undergraduate research conferences
To be eligible for PROPS, you must:
- have junior or senior standing
- be a Psychology, Psychobiology, or Cognitive Science major or pre-major
- have completed introductory psychology, statistics (Psych 100A), research methods (Psych 100B), and at least one upper division Psychology class at UCLA or another UC campus
- 3.0 UCLA GPA or higher (3.2 or higher GPA in Psychology courses preferred)
- be a member of an underrepresented group (i.e. be eligible for financial aid, be a first generation college student, member of an underrepresented minority in graduate education).
The application deadline for the 2019 program has passed. Please check back in October 2019 for the 2020 program application.
Funding for PROPS is provided by the College of Letters & Science , the Department of Psychology and the Dr. Monica Salinas Fund.