When to Go to the Psych Advising Office
2812 Life Sciences Building
- To declare a psychology, psychobiology, or cognitive science major.
- To declare a cognitive science minor or psychology specialization in computing.
- To obtain one of two signatures for double major petition approval.
- To inquire about research and fieldwork opportunities offered by the psychology department.
- To ask questions about psychology courses.
- To ask questions about enrollment in psychology courses.
- To plan term schedules.
- To discuss psychology graduate school opportunities.
When to Go to Your College Counseling Unit
A316 Murphy Hall (CAC), A311 Murphy Hall (College Honors), or 1209 Campbell (AAP)
- To discuss exploring other majors, double majors, or minors.
- To discuss incomplete General Education requirements.
- To discuss Expected Cumulative Progress (ECP) rules.
- To discuss quarterly GPA, cumulative GPA, and repeat policies.
- To request an increase in study list units or increase in P/NP units for a term.
- To discuss issues of probation, dismissal, withdrawal, re-admission.
- To discuss transfer credit and AP credit.
- To discuss issues on the DPR that are not related to Psychology.
When to Go to the Registrar's Office
1113 Murphy Hall, open 9-5, Monday-Friday
- To request an official transcript.
- To obtain official proof of enrollment for insurance purposes.
- To declare non-attendance for a term.
- To file enrollment forms including: cancellation of registration, correction or change of name, nonresident tuition exemption, undergraduate application for simultaneous UC enrollment.
- To process fee payments including: refunds for withdrawal, dismissal, cancellation or leave of absence, and late registration fee payments.
- To process enrollment petitions including petitions to drop non-impacted courses.
- To file graduation forms including: application for duplicate UCLA diploma, declaration of candidacy, request to graduate in absentia, diploma mail request, request for early certification of completion
*Many of these services can be utilized online at www.my.ucla.edu. Refer to http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/soc/regdir.htm for a detailed description of the Registrar's Office services.